If you would like to enter marrows into the Froggatt Show here are a few tips that will help improve your chances of success.
- Choose young, tender fruit
- Choose marrows of a uniform size
- Stage your marrows directly onto the display bench
- Show older, often tougher marrows
- Pick marrows that are over-ripe or mis-shapen
- Enter fruits that exceed 15 inches (38cm) in length. Where the cultivar is round (spherical) the circumference should not exceed 22 inches (56cm)
Exceeding maximum sizes could lead to your entry being disqualified or at least marked down.
|Condition including tenderness||5 Points|
|Size, shape and colour||5 points|
These hints are derived from the RHS guidelines.